Wycombe Train Station,Wycombe, PA, circa 1891. Below are closer pictures of the colored windows. The interior picture of the transom above the door and the windows to the right were in mid-afternoon with the sun streaming through. All of the windows including the eyebrow windows in the roof required full window restoration.
Rare colored fifteen over clear four lights of glass, next to colored transom.
These windows are in the rounded "turret" section of the train station, on the left side of the building. This is a picture showing the exterior of one window, and then another window on the other side of the turret.
Charles F. Meyers House, Doylestown, PA, circa 1887. Arguably the boroughs' finest example of Queen Anne architecture. In the middle of the roof are two stationary colored glass windows. To the right is one of those windows, in the last part of the restoration process. It has glazing compound installed and is ready to be knifed.
Barn at Inn at Fordhook
(formerly the Burpee Estate)
Doylestown, PA, circa 1798.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The barn was being turned into a conference center, and wooden slats covered the window openings. The slats were cut out, and single-hung windows were hand fabricated using old glass original to the farm. The slats are visible on the left of the barn.
The Inn at Fordhook, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Full window restoration was done on some of the windows. Custom wood and screen storm window panels were hand made with interchangeable glass and screen panels.
The Fountain House,
Doylestown, PA, circa 1758. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
CLEARFIX Mobile LLC was contracted to fully restore the windows on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
Close-up of window restoration of an the arch-top window located on the fourth floor of The Fountain House.
The Old Hardware Store, New Hope, PA,
All windows were restored on the second floor. The windows in the front are original to the building. They are unusual as they are four lights over four lights. The windows on the side and back of the building were replaced somewhere from the late 1890's to the early 1900's.
The Freight House, Doylestown, PA, circa 1871. There were two windows missing along the top on the Ashland Street side. All other windows along the top required full restoration.
The First Service Bank, Doylestown, PA, circa 1807.
Formerly the Titus, Chapman, Lyman House. Full window restoration was required on all of the windows.
This is one of the arch top windows located on the third floor.
Private Residence, Newtown Borough, PA, circa 1900. The turret windows on the third floor required full restoration. To the right is a picture of one of them prior to the process.
This is a lovely building located on State Street, Doylestown, circa 1832.
The project was a full window restoration, which involved the removal and re-bedding of 688 lights of glass. Additionally, sash chain was installed where needed, and operators were installed on casement windows. Period hardware was stripped and then lacquered for preservation.